Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas Presents

Here is my progress with my interpretation of the free Moda Kate Spain pattern for her line Flurry.  Of course, as usual I can't follow the pattern because I must do my own thing...the only thing I'm doing the same is the present block.  Here are 9 of the required 16 blocks in Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas fabric.  I LOVE how this fabric looks totally like wrapping paper!  The pattern calls for sashing with fussy cut blocks from the Flurry panel which I will change to white sashing and little pieced red stars for cornerstones.  Still thinking and designing what I want for the outer border but probably will have red stars in the corners if I don't run out of the red.  I am finally running out of stash on this line as this is my third quilt from this material.  I loved it enough to hoard a nice amount but that red has been dwindling!!  Now I must quit procrastinating and layer and quilt my tree skirt which will totally match this project, yay!!  Then I will come back to this and finish "wrapping my presents"!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Adorable!

Crazy for Art said...

Beautiful! What's the quilting plan?