Friday, November 29, 2013

A Little Sewing over Thanksgiving Break - A Social Tote for Me!

So I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, we had a nice visit with family and much turkey was consumed...

I also was able to finish a project that has me grinning ear to ear...the pattern is the Social Tote by Carolyn Friedlander and Noodlehead.

Here was the point when I began skipping through the room...I'm gonna get this...it's going to get finished :) true story...really...and yes, you really need those clips to keep you sane during construction...at least I did!

 Here it is with a few things stuffed in it although it's purpose in life is awaiting Christmas as I have a hand-sewing project under the tree...yep, Santa promises it'll be there :)

 I had to add my favorite fabric from Sweetwater and the fabric definition was Perfect!!!

 As was the quilt definition...and don't you love the penguins?  A bit of an impulse buy awhile ago but it matches the AMH fabric pincushion I made earlier this year perfectly...


For me, this was a challenging pattern but the instructions were wonderful...I really appreciated the extra diagrams on Carolyn Friedlander's site as well.  Now, I need to start a second one as I have a bit of Charley Harper cardinals canvas which I wanted on this bag but was too chicken to cut into until I made a trial one!!  the pattern can be tricky to find...I bought mine here and it's on sale today, I see...

7 comments:

  1. very nice tote Kris! I too am attempting to make something for myself, but for some reason I keep ending up here at the computer, finding more inspiration :) Best wishes to you and your loved ones and I best be getting back to the sewing machine before time runs out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a winner totally useful...great fabric choice too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tote..... love the pocket fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really great! Maybe Santa will make me one! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tote, Kris! I love your use of text fabric - perfect. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tote. You are certainly getting good mileage out of your text fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tote, Kris!! Love the pockets!

    ReplyDelete